2. Stax Living dinnerware - I found three variations of these modern, functional plates and bowls on sale for 2.99-3.99/ea at Bed Bath and Beyond.
3. This electric kettle from Kitchen Aid has been in my dreams for a while now. May have to splurge this winter, when the tea drinking reaches an all-time high.
4. Glacier Bay faucet: our choice for the kitchen. Modern and functional.. I'm sensing a theme.
5. These Ikea drawer/cabinet handles are super cost effective (from 6.99/2 in stores), leaving more of the budget for appliances.
6. Along with the handles, these more traditional knobs will give the old-fashioned cabinets an update while retaining the charm of the off-white painted wood.
7. This potential backsplash has been on my mind since I saw it in Home Depot. It will definitely add some bling to the space if we choose it, and in that it's gray and silver, it remains somewhat neutral.
8. As I said, the cabinets are a glossy off-white color. I usually prefer brighter whites, but these will be a design challenge that will also bring some warmth to the space.
9. My boyfriend's photos from his series Nutrition Facts will definitely have a place on the blank wall of this kitchen.